Employee self-service software in HR? What are we asking them to do on our behalves?
Nanny state control companies are a thing of the past and are thankfully fading quickly. Imagine a company where you gave employees control – control of their job, control of their careers and control of their destinies:
If you give your employees ownership they will respond with productivity.
Employee self-service using HR software gives more control to your employees and lessens the admin burden that is often put on Finance and the HR department.
This allows People Managers and HR professionals to concentrate on the things that matter, like employee engagement and talent management.
It is undeniable that if you hire well and you allow employees to self-manage with good direction and leverage a robust employee self-service system, the good ones will stay with you longer.
• Keep their personal details and address up to date.
• Go on training without waiting for their employer to suggest a course of action.
• Have immediate online access to all their contracts and documents since they joined the Company.
• Set their own objectives and have their manager agree on them.
• Be automatically notified of the review date and time.
When companies are forced to micro-manage employees, this is grossly underproductive for both management and employees.
It is our job as progressive employers to select the people who enjoy what they do and ensure that they continue to enjoy their role through constant improvement and by keeping up with the latest trends.
One thing’s for sure, if employers become stale, it’s only a matter of time before their employees become stale themselves.
Responsibility, creativity, change and flexibility nurture fun, productivity and success.